Pipeline Considering The Wrong Sub Balance Impact While Consuming Discount
Last updated on MAY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 7.5 PS6
Pipeline considering the wrong sub balance impact while consuming discount
A few discounts are granted monthly. One of the discounts will give 50.00 non-currency resource every month by triggering the monthly cycle forward event.
1. The discount is granted for the month of Jan 2014, the sub balance of the non-currency resource which is holding that -50.00 is having the validity as 1-Jan-2014 00:00:00 to 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00. Lets say the Jan 2014 is not having any usage so nothing consumed from this discount
2. In the next month of Feb 2014, BRM will grant another -50.00 with sub balance validity as 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00 to 1-Mar-2014 00:00:00. Now, if getting a usage with start date/time as 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00, pipeline is consuming this from the previous month's sub balance instead of current month. So, it is consuming from 1-Jan-2014 00:00:00 to 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00. However when the usage is with start date 1-Feb-2014 00:00:01, it is consuming from the correct bucket (current sub balance (i.e., 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00 to 1-Mar-2014 00:00:00)).
It is found from the dumps and discount traces that the FCT_Discount is properly considering the current sub balance impact but the FCT_ApplyBalance is using the old sub balance in this case because of the inclusive check against sub balance valid_to.
The usage data on the borderline should be impacting the correct resource bucket (the current bucket).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a pricing plan that has delayed usage and monthly cycle forward product that grant free resource 50 with validity 1 month.
2. On 1/1/2014, create an account, purchasing these products. Bill Now.
3. On 2/1/2014, run billing.
4. Move PVT to a few days later, give a usage with starting date 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00. Load the usage. Check the balance.
Impacting the revenue every day because of consuming the discount from wrong sub balance.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms