Pipeline Considering The Wrong Sub Balance Impact While Consuming Discount
(Doc ID 1673857.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 7.5 PS6
Pipeline considering the wrong sub balance impact while consuming discount
A few discounts are granted monthly. One of the discounts will give 50.00 non-currency resource every month by triggering the monthly cycle forward event.
1. The discount is granted for the month of Jan 2014, the sub balance of the non-currency resource which is holding that -50.00 is having the validity as 1-Jan-2014 00:00:00 to 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00. Lets say the Jan 2014 is not having any usage so nothing consumed from this discount
2. In the next month of Feb 2014, BRM will grant another -50.00 with sub balance validity as 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00 to 1-Mar-2014 00:00:00. Now, if getting a usage with start date/time as 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00, pipeline is consuming this from the previous month's sub balance instead of current month. So, it is consuming from 1-Jan-2014 00:00:00 to 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00. However when the usage is with start date 1-Feb-2014 00:00:01, it is consuming from the correct bucket (current sub balance (i.e., 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00 to 1-Mar-2014 00:00:00)).
It is found from the dumps and discount traces that the FCT_Discount is properly considering the current sub balance impact but the FCT_ApplyBalance is using the old sub balance in this case because of the inclusive check against sub balance valid_to.
The usage data on the borderline should be impacting the correct resource bucket (the current bucket).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a pricing plan that has delayed usage and monthly cycle forward product that grant free resource 50 with validity 1 month.
2. On 1/1/2014, create an account, purchasing these products. Bill Now.
3. On 2/1/2014, run billing.
4. Move PVT to a few days later, give a usage with starting date 1-Feb-2014 00:00:00. Load the usage. Check the balance.
Impacting the revenue every day because of consuming the discount from wrong sub balance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document