WAC (Weighted Average Cost) Getting Calculated Incorrectly When Shortages Are Posted For A Shipment
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance as on 08-Aug-17
When an item is zero received, a shortage is posted in RMS tran data. This shortage transaction updates Weighted Average Cost (WAC) of the item at the store by considering the current WAC of the item at the warehouse and not the shipment cost of that item at the warehouse.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Capture the ITEM_LOC_SOH data for a particular item at the Store & Warehouse. Select an item which has a different AV_COST at Store and Warehouse.
2. Create a shipment for an allocation for that item from Warehouse to Store. The WAC of the item at the Store gets updated.
3. Create a PO for the item at the Warehouse at a different cost.
4. Receive the PO. The WAC of the item at the Warehouse gets updated.
5. Zero Receive the shipment at the store. This will post shortage transactions(Tran Code 22).
6. This transaction updates WAC at the Store by considering the current WAC of the item at the warehouse and not the shipment cost of the item.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms