A Timed Out Bill Pay Transaction Does Not Get Saved in Database as a Cancelled Transaction
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) 13.4.x, a timed out Bill Pay transaction does not get saved in the database as a cancelled transaction.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to POS.
- On Sale screen, click on "Transaction" button.
- Initiate bill payment transaction clicking "BillPay" button.
- Enter "1234" Account number and press Enter.
- Select bill1234 account and click on "Enter" button.
- In Bill Payment Detail screen, enter 100.00 amount.
- Click on "Enter" button on Bill Pay List screen; "Tender" button will be enabled. Click Tender.
- On Tender Options screen, select "Credit Card" to pay split amount.
- Balance Amount screen appears. Wait for timeout to occur.
Actual Behavior: After the time out, application goes to login screen, but transaction is not stored in the database TR_TRN table as a cancelled transaction (while JL_ENR table has an entry for the same).
Expected Behavior: Transaction should be saved as a cancelled transaction in both tables TR_TRN and JL_ENR.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms