Discrepancy In Balance Impacts Between BRM 7.2.1 And 7.5
Last updated on JUNE 23, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 7.5PS4, when executing below scenario, encountered differences between old 7.2.1 BRM system and new 7.5PS4. At the last step there are 2 additional balance impacts which do not exist in 7.2.1 scenario. This creates discrepancy in final amount of prorated charges.
1. Create Billing Account on 01/03/2014 (1st of March 2014) with BDOM - 10.
2. Create Subscription on 01/03/2014 with Tariff PROD_1 - MCF amount = 121,95 Eur.
3. Buy add-ons for them on 01/03/2014.
a) DISCOUNT_1 - 25% discount on MCF amounts.
b) DISCOUNT_2 - 10% discount on MCF amounts.
4. On 03/03/2014 invoke Change tariff* opcode and change tariff to PROD_2 - 32,52 Eur.
*Change tariff cancels all deals, products, discounts associated with given tariff and then invokes PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_TRANSITION_PLAN to change the tariff. It's done in two steps :
- 1st is transition from old plan to dummy plan.
- 2nd step is transition from dummy plan to target plan.
This scenario have the same balance impacts and behavior up to point 3 which is the last point that is correct. After that point 4 generates additional balance impacts using DISCOUNT_1 and DISCOUNT_2 discounts.The original amount ( Eg. 1,686666667) upon which those discounts are invoked does not exist within that account EVENT_BAL_IMPACTS_T table.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms