pin_deferred_act Hanging When Executed On The Next Bill Date
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Core Billing
When executing pin_bill_day on the next billing date where the account is in Collections, which has 1 or more pending scheduled actions as part of Collections and calling PCM_OP_PYMT_COLLECT inside the deferred action, then the pin_deferred_act is hanging due to auto-triggered billing.
pin_deferred_act is hanging when we execute on the next bill date, while it isn't expected to be hanging.
Steps to reproduce
1. Create a test product with Monthly cycle forward event, deal and plan.
2. Configure the collection action, scenario.
3. Inside collection custom action, it is calling PCM_OP_PYMT_COLLECT for payment request for the old bill.
4. Create an account with CREDIT CARD payment method from Customer Center with the product.
5. Do Bill-Now from Customer Center.
6. Execute "pin_collections_process -report" which makes the account enter into Collections.
Verify there is a deferred action created with the due date.
7. Do not execute pin_deferred_act on the actual due date, instead execute pin_deferred_act on the next billing date.
In this step, pin_deferred_act is hanging due to the auto-triggered billing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms