Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications ASAP - Version 5.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 1-DEC-2015***
How is the MAX connections to a particular NEP determined? We have a requirement to increase the total number of connections to a network platform by 40 additional connections. This increase in connections to network elements will increase/add connections to the corresponding NEP configured for that particular NE. The NEP currently has 151 connections. Adding connections to the network element by 40 more will increase the total number of connections to particular NEP to 191.
1) Is there any threshold on the maximum number of connections for a particular NEP? eg: increasing from 150 to 191 will not be possible because of a specific maximum limit ?
2) What difference will a particular NEP have if the total number of connections are increased?
3) Is there any performance impact to the NEP due to an increase in the total number of connections?
4) Is there any other product impact?
5) What factors should be considered to configure MAX_CONNECTIONS to a Network Element ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms