After a Failed POS Transaction Is Reprocessed, the HST_UIN_DETAIL Table Is Not Updated
Last updated on DECEMBER 07, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.3 to 13.2.7 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) 13.2.x, after a failed Point of Service (POS) transaction is reprocessed and the status of the Unique Identification Number (UIN) is changed, the HST_UIN_DETAIL table is not updated with the action taken.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Consider a serialized item in Store Inventory Management (SIM).
- Generate a failed POS transaction involving the above serialized item with any failure message, such as 'UIN status error for a positive sale', 'Requesting entity is Null', 'Wrong transaction type', 'Invalid store ID', 'Item is non sellable item', etc.
- Note that a record for the above failed POS transaction will be placed in POS_TRANSACTION table.
- Make the necessary correction in SIM such that the failure reason in the above step is resolved.
- Now try running the ProcessErrorPosTransactions.sh batch job so that the failed record is processed again.
- Note that the record is processed successfully, but the HST_UIN_DETAIL table is not populated with the corresponding action.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms