Tax Amount Column in Database Has Non-Zero Value After Exempting a Threshold Tax Transaction
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) 13.4.x, the tax amount column in the database has non-zero value after exempting a threshold tax transaction.
- A threshold tax in POS with percentage rates.
- An item for which the above threshold tax gets applied.
- We do not require a customer link. Make sure RequireCustomerLink parameter is turned off (i.e., "N").
- We require certificate info. Make sure RequireCertificateInfo parameter is turned on (i.e., "Y").
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to POS.
- Ring an item with properties as in the prerequisites.
- Go to Transaction- > Tax -> Exempt.
- Apply tax exemption on the transaction by entering the certificate number. Flow goes back to sale screen and the transaction is tax exempted.
- Complete the transaction by tendering it with cash.
- Check tax amount column (MO_TX_RTN_SLS) in tax exempt table (TR_LTM_SLS_RTN_TX) against the threshold tax authority row.
- Note that the tax amount column contains a non-zero amount.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms