Payment Tool Caused The Account/bill Due To Negative Due To Duplicate Payments
Last updated on JUNE 24, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Payment Tool
When submitting duplicate payments for the same account in a single batch, both payments are being applied on the account and causing the account balance to become negative.
But, the payment amount equals to the due should be allocate and the remaining payment amount should remain un-allocated.
The duplicate payments are being applied on the account, and this is causing the account balance to become negative.
The payment should not get applied if there is no balance due on the account. So, it is expected that only the first payment to get applied but not the second one.
1. Create an account and purchase a dela which charges MRC, a example account is having $199.45 due in total.
2. Change C:\Windows\PaymentTool.ini setup to allow duplicate payment on account:
3. From Payment tool, create a batch with 2 payment entries having $199.45 and validate the payments.
4. Submit the payment. It will be successful.
5. Payments applied and caused Credit balance on the account (-$199.45).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms