OUA - How can we force a FIFO process order of our extract files on OWB
(Doc ID 1901986.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Advanced Spatial and Operational Analytics - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Disclaimer:** This KM article may include the following abbreviations:
OUA - Oracle Utilities Analytics
OWB - Oracle Warehouse Builder
NMS - Oracle Network Management System
OUBI/BI - Oracle Utilities Business Intelligence
FPD - File Processor Daemon
FIFO - First In First Out
In case if customer has two NMS data sources that run into single BI DB.
In previous 2.2.1 production environment, extract files are processed FIFO by the file datetime stamp.
Now customer using 188.8.131.52 and the extracts are now processing in order of alpha file name. This allows for catch up when extract queue backs up due to larger volume at times. With this schedule and the new sort order of processing, DIMS and FACT are not always kept together and we end up with FACT record being processed before their DIMS.
1. How can we force a FIFO process order of our extract files?
2. How does your daemon determine its processing order of the FACT files?
3. Or is it the splfilemgr.plx code that determines the sort order?
4. Can we configure this to look at files FIFO like it used to?
5. What is the polling rate of the daemon - seems there is a lot of wait time between cycles - especially since it takes two complete cycles to get both the DIM and FACT files for a given batch.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document