After Editing Relation Records, The Main Record Remains Locked
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile e184.108.40.206
When inserting two records into a BOM list (or any other relation list) of a head item and saving them at the same time the head item's C_LOCK is not released when the default RELATIONLOCK is set to "ON".
After such an insert action no record should be locked any more.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set default RELATIONLOCK to ON
3. Restart the Java Client.
4. Create 3 items, e.g. P1, P2, P3
5. Open the BOM tab of P1, insert P2 into P1 structure, then insert P3 (Press button "Insert a new edit line in the current position")
6. Save the BOM records for P2 and P3
7. Try to edit P1 and you get an error 'Record "P1" is currently locked by user "EDBCUSTO" !'
Checking the SQL trace you will find that the C_LOCK of the two BOM records is set back to 0 at the end but the one from the head item stays untouched.
This issue happens, too, if more than two records are inserted into a BOM (or any other relation list) at the same time!
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms