Material Spec Category Export Not Updating the ExternalID Field Correctly in the Target Environment
(Doc ID 1905163.1)
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management for Process - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 6.1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile PLM for Process 126.96.36.199 with patch 18697185 (188.8.131.52.35) implemented
Find when exporting material spec categories (what is working now since the patch is implemented) and importing them to other environments, the imported records (spec categories) are missing the values in the ExternalID field of table COMMONSMILTAXONOMYNODE.
That leads to the effect that users cannot create new material specifications in the target environment(s) and cannot workflow existing material specs forward any more.
This is because of special custom validations during save events which check the ExternalID field of Spec Categories.
ExternalID values should be taken over from source to target environment and should not be overwritten with NULL values.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a token from the target environment(s) - usually production - where to import material spec categories
2. With the token create an export file from the source environment containing the material spec categories
3. Import the export file to the target environment
4. Try to insert a new material specification => not working because the selected category contains no value in the ExternalID field (Custom Validation prevents from saving)
5. Double check in the database with following statement:
=> The query does not return any ExternalID values in the target environment (values are all NULL)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!