RMS Allows Users to Create SKUs With Multiple Primary Barcodes
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.4 to 13.2.7 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Under certain conditions, Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 13.2.x allows users to create an item with multiple primary barcodes.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open an item in edit mode.
- Click on 'List children' in the item master form.
- Click on 'List children' again in the item master form to open a second screen for itemchildren form.
- Now in one itemchildren form, change the PRIMARY_REF_ITEM_IND to a child item which was originally not the PRIMARY_REF_ITEM.
- Try changing the PRIMARY_REF_ITEM in the other itemchildren screen. An error pops up indicating that PRIMARY_REF_ITEM cannot be changed, as the record is locked by another user.
- Click on OK in the error dialog. Now the PRIMARY_REF_ITEM_IND is checked for 2 child items. It should not be allowed to have two child items set as primary barcodes for an item.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms