Cannot Update Subproject Budget Field when Project is in Approved Status
(Doc ID 1906718.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 1.9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update the SubProject Budget field for a SubProject in APPROVED status, even with the “ALLOW BUDGET UPDATE” option of the PROJECT BUDGET OPTIONS Business Rule set to ON, the following error occurs.
FRM-40200: Field is protected against update
The SubProject needs to be changed to CREATED status before the Subproject Budget can be updated. On Line Help states the following:
ALLOW BUDGET UPDATE - If this option is set to ON, Subproject Budgets can be updated when the Project/Subproject is in Approved status.
The functionality works the same whether this Business Rule option is set to ON or OFF- the subproject needs to be set back to Created status for the update to be allowed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the “ALLOW BUDGET UPDATE” option of the PROJECT BUDGET OPTIONS Business Rule to ON,
2. Pull up a Project in Approved status
3. Navigate to the SubProject
4. Attempt to update the Subproject Budget field. FRM-40200: Field is protected against update is displayed
5. Set the Subproject status to Created
6. Update of the Subproject Budget field is allowed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document