Last updated on APRIL 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service , 'Unexpected Exception' occurs when a Return transaction is performed which includes Receipt and No Receipt options.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to the Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (ORPOS) client application.
2. Perform two SALE transactions.
3. In the Sell Item screen, press F2/Return, enter the first receipt number and continue with the Return flow. Do not complete the transaction.
4. Now on the Sell Item screen, Press F2/Return, enter the second receipt number and continue with the Return flow. Do not complete this transaction.
5. On the Sell Item screen, there will be items related to two returns with receipts.
6. For the same transaction, click on F2/Return and select F3/No Receipt.
7. Enter any item to be returned without receipt and press Enter. Select any reason code and link the customer for the return.
8. On the Sell item screen, you will have items related to 'Return with Receipt' and 'Return without Receipt'.
9. Now delete the item related to 'Return without Receipt' and the above error is thrown.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms