WAM Email Notifications are not Sent Until WLS_FORMS is Restarted
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 1.9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Email notifications for Alerts and Messages are not being received. There are no error messages. XT_EVENT_QUEUE has records in Pending status. WLS_FORMS needs to be restarted to release pending email notifications.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make sure your User Profile record has a valid email address and that the 'Receive Messages as Email' indicator is selected.
2. Open any Form - for example Work Order
3. On the top of the Form there are a series of icons - select the Send a Message (You can hover over the icons to see a description)
4. The Create a Message Dialog will be displayed
5. Select the 'To' button
6. Select yourself by Highlighting your name and select 'To' to move your name to the right hand side
7. Select Ok
8. Enter a Subject and some text
9. Hit Finish
10. Email notification is not received. XT_EVENT_QUEUE shows the record in PENDING status.
11.Restart WLS_FORMS. The email notification is sent.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms