Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Change of rate codes in Equipment spec port address is taking a long time, causes blocking and is not saving the changes.
Issue is happening for equipment specs with large number of ports and large number of installed instances.
The sample case, had equipment spec with port address 601-1000 with rate code DS0 which need to be updated to N/A.
When attempting to change the Rate Code of Port Address 601 from DS0 to N/A, MSS is taking a very long time resulting in blocked sessions and once this is complete, CHANGES ARE NOT SAVED.
1. Open Equip Specs for equipment spec Part number ONS-XC-10G-S1 - Issue ESG4
2. In Port Addresses tab click Line 1 & then " Next ► "
3. Change Line Number 601 - Rate Code to N/A
4. Save changes clicking the OK button in the Equip Specs window
» MSS warns that 579 equipment will be impacted - Yes to continue
»» it took over 40 minutes for MSS to come back
5. Re-open equipment spec Part number - ONS-XC-10G-S1
6. Go to Port Addresses tab > click Line 1 and Next ►
7. Verify Line 601: changes were not saved.
Users are unable to update the equipment specs as required by business.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms