OfflineDB is not Getting Updated for Data Produced on a Frequent Basis and Throws 'Unable to consume dataset' Error
(Doc ID 1914324.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.3 to 14.1.2 [Release 13.3 to 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) , the IDDI data consumption on the pos clients fails with the following error for frequent data cunsumer jobs.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. POS Server and Client are up and running
2. Update price of an item
3. Let the POS server generate IDDI files.
(Note that Price will be updated at the top and bottom of every hour based on the service_TriggerFrequentProducer setup in Server's ServiceContext.xml file)
4. Let the Client copy IDDI files.
(Note that client scheduled to consume the frequent datasets every 15th and 45th minute from 6 am to 10 pm based on the service_TriggerFrequentConsumer setup in Client's ServiceContext.xml file)
5. Let the client update offline DB; this would happen when Client is idle and time elapsed based on the setting configured for IDDITimeoutInterval in application.xml file
6. Bring StoreServer down and now Client is offline to StoreServer and it should pull the price information from offline DB
7. Ring the item whose price was updated in Step 2 and note that price still shows the original price, not the new one.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document