New Stock Count Requests Cannot Be Opened If Stock Count ID Is 8 Digits: "ORA-06502 : PL/SQL:Numeric or Value Error" Occurs
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.6 to 13.2.8 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 13.2.6, stock counts that have an ID of 8 digits in length throw the below error messages if the user tries to edit or view them:
As per the data model, the stock count ID could be of 8 digits with a maximum value of 99999999.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to RMS and select Inventory => Stock Count.
- Select Action 'New' and Action Type 'Request'; click 'OK'.
- Enter the required stock count name, and Stock Count Type = 'Unit & Value'. Make sure that the ID of the new count is 8 digits in length.
- Add required details to the stock count. (Product group, group type, etc.)
- Click OK to save the count.
- On [stkfind] screen, try to reopen the count by selecting 'View' or 'Edit' from Action menu. Note the errors mentioned above.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms