'Winters Min Hist (Periods)' Value Not Being Respected; Fallback Forecast Method Is Not Selected When Points of History Is Less than the Minimum
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Retail Predictive Application Server (RPAS) with Retail Demand Forecasting (RDF) 13.3.2.x, the Winters Min Hist (Periods) are not taken into account when the forecast methods "Multiplicative" and "Additive" are used.
Even if the points of history for Multiplicative and Additive methods are less than what has been set as a minimum, they are still being used for the forecast.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set the Winters Min Hist (Periods) to 15.
- Be sure you have less than 15 points of history (for example, 10).
- Set following parameters:
"Default Forecast Method" for SKU/Store: Additive Winters
"Fallback method" for SKU/Store: Simple
"Winters Min Hist (Periods)" for SKU/Store: 15
- Build a forecast for final level: SKU/Store. Source level is the same: SKU/Store.
- Build a forecast and open the Forecast Approval workbook.
- Note that there are only 10 points of history, but the Additive Method is still being used.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms