Activities Added From WBS Template Don't Follow the Project Preference Setting.
Last updated on JUNE 29, 2016
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Project Preference setting for ‘Review Required by default for new activities’ is being set for a project and behaving as expected by creating new activity manually, but is not following the preference when adding a whole WBS (along with activities beneath it) through ‘Add WBS from Template’ feature.
The new activities added from WBS template should follow the Project Preference setting for 'Review Required by default for new activities'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to P6 Web.
2. Open a project. Go to Activities tab. Add column 'Review Required' to the layout.
3. Select Actions, Set Project Preferences.
4. Select Team Member Application.
5. Mark the option 'Allow review for Team Member status updates' and 'Review required for new activities'.
6. Import activities from another WBS using a predefined template which doesn't have the option 'Review required for new activities' checked in its activities: select Actions, Add, Add WBS from Template...
7. Select a template project.
8. Verify the column 'Review Required'.
9. Observe that the new activities added from template don't have check-boxes marked by default as expected.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot have the column checked by default when adding activities from WBS template.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms