Mass Item Maintenance Updates Primary Pack Location in ITEM_LOC but Does Not Create Any PP Cost Event
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 12.1.x, the Mass Item Maintenance feature within Item Maintenance allows the user to update the primary cost pack for multiple stores related to the item. We find that the ITEM_LOC records are updated as expected with the new pack information; however, no Cost Event entries are created. As a result of this, the future cost is not updated.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an item with two or more locations and suppliers, and create a simple pack for the item.
- When the item is approved, check that the future cost records (NIL) have been created.
- Edit the item and select to 'Mass Change Item/Loc'.
- Select and apply the locations you have created to add them to your list for mass maintenance.
- Update 'Primary Cost Pack' and select the simple pack to be applied. Accept changes and exit.
- Query the ITEM_LOC table. Notice that the field 'primary pack' has been updated with the selected simple pack in the previous step.
- Query the cost event (i.e., COST_EVENT_PRIM_PACK) / future cost (FUTURE_COST) tables. Note that no cost event records have been inserted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms