Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.0.16 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While assigning circuit to a SONET network system the MSS DLR is displaying nodes in wrong sequence in the design lines.
For example: for Network System with 4 nodes A, B, C & D, and a circuit between two nodes (B & D), passing thru an intermediary node C:
MSS should display the DLR with segments with sequence of nodes as: Node B > Node C and Node C > Node D
But, instead it is displaying as Node C > Node D & Node C > Node B
Reversing the sequence brings: Node B > Node C and Node D > Node C that is not satisfactory as well.
1. Create a Network System SONET Ring with 4 nodes, 4 fibers, OC12, Protection: Line Switched, Bi-directional
2. Autobuild to DS1 positions
3. Create a DS1 facility circuit
4. Assign positions in a SONET Route covering Node B to Node D, passing thru Node C
5. MSS displays the above behavior.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms