Several Match Events Are Created In Case If Customer Has An Overpayment.
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In one scenario the system creates two Match Events (one Match Event per Bill Segment), while in another one it creates only one Match Event for the whole Bill?
Expected the system behavior is the same independent to the scenario, and performs always the same matching on the Match Events.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Payment Event.
2. The Payment amount is stored in an Overpayment SA.
3. Create a Bill with 2 Bill Segments with each Bill Segment amount greater than the amount on the Overpayment SA.
4. The system creates a Match Event that holds one Bill Segment matched with the Payment, and one unmatched Bill Segment.
5. Create a Payment Event for the needed difference to pay the whole Bill.
6. Find out a second Match Event was created for the second Bill Segment payment.
1. Create a Bill with 2 Bill Segments
2. Create Payment Event that does not cover the amount of any of the 2 Bill Segments
3. The system creates a Match Event for the whole Bill
4. Create a Payment Event for the needed difference to pay the whole Bill.
5. Find out the Match Event is Balanced and matches the whole Bill with the two Payments.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, the customer has incorrect amounts in reports.
1) Please clarify what was meant with "at bill completion time, the bill segment FT has not been swept on to the bill yet"? Isn't it so, that bill segment FT are associated with the Bill at once after the Bill generation?
2) You wrote "this bill segment FT’s are processed as new charges and a match event is created for every SA FT that is an unmatched open item" - please review example attached - there I described the case when ovepayment amount fully covers one bill segment amount and partially covers 2nd bill segment amount. Bill has 2 bill segments, respectively there are 2 bill segment FTs. But in this case after Bill completion we have only one match event for the Bill.
So, why in case overpayment amount covers partially one bill segment the system creates 2 match events for the Bill?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms