Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0 to 14.0.2 [Release 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 14.0.x, the Stock Order Status (SOStatus) message errors out when below transaction level items are used.
When integrating transactional data into RMS through Retail Integration Bus (RIB) from Warehouse Management System (WMS), below transaction level items will normally be used. This is because WMS systems typically will be scanning European Article Numbers (EANs) and passing them while processing transactions. Integration of Advance Shipment Notification (ASN), receipts, inventory adjustments, and Return To Vendor (RTV) messages do accept EANs (below transaction level items) by internally converting the EAN into the Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) items, but the SOStatus interface does not.
SOStatus should exhibit the same behavior as the other transactional interfaces; that is, accepting both transactional and below transaction level items.
The following error message is returned when on the SOStatus message an below transaction level item is used:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Consider a new transaction level item with below transaction level item of EAN type.
Example: Above Transaction level item : 100002403
Transaction level item : 100002404
Below Transaction level item : 1234560001040
2. Associate the above items to a Warehouse (WH) and Store location.
3. Have enough Stock on Hand (SOH) at the WH location for the transaction level item.
4. Create a new Transfer for the transaction-level item in RMS. Submit and approve the transfer.
5. Send a SoStatus message into RMS for the previously created transfer. This can be for any inventory transaction like Line Item Cancellation, Increase/ Decrease Quantity, etc.
6. When trying to consume the SoStatus message which contains the below transaction level item (1234560001040), it fails with the below error:
Error msg: This item does not exist on this transfer. 1234560001040
7. Note that if you include the transaction level item (100002404), the message is consumed properly by RMS.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms