Non-Sellable Quantity Is Incorrectly Updated in RMS When Inventory Status Container in Staging Area Is Split Into TRBL Marked Container in Reserve/Staging Location Before Performing RTV
(Doc ID 1919296.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.0 to 13.0.7 [Release 13.0]
Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 14.1 to 14.1 [Release 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When users perform Return to Vendor (RTV) processes in Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS), a 'TRBL TO NULL' adjustment passes with respective units and incorrectly populates the 'non_sellable' bucket in the ITEM_LOC_SOH table in Retail Merchandising System (RMS). This happens when the user splits the Inventory status container, which is located in the staging area, into any TRBL marked container located in the reserve/staging location before performing the RTV. The problem happens only when the splitting is done from RWMS Inventory Inquiry/Edit by Container screen, and not from the handheld (HH) container splitting screen.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Make sure the SCP table has 'consolidate_pend_wip' set to 'Y' for the facility used. This is to allow users to consolidate a container with RIP inventory disposition into a container with TRBL inventory disposition. Otherwise the user will receive the error "CANNOT CONSOLIDATE CONTAINERS WITH DIFFERENT PENDING WIPS".
- Create an order for item I1 for 10 units and perform receiving in container C1.
- Do not perform Putaway operation on the received container; keep it in the staging area.
- Mark a container as Trouble for item I1 for a container (e.g., C2) which is in a Reserve location having one or more unit.
- Now split the received container (C1) into the Trouble marked container (C2) from the application (not from the HH device).
- Check the Trouble marked container C2 to make sure it has all the units from split container C1.
- Perform RTV on container C2.
- Check the INV_ADJUSTMENT_TO_UPLOAD_HIS table. TRBL to NULL adjustment will be passed with all C2 units and reason code 90.
- Check the RMS ITEM_LOC_SOH table and note that the non-sellable bucket is populated incorrectly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document