End Item Substitution Gives Not Working With Multiple Substitution Effective Dates
(Doc ID 1919920.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Memory Based Planner
when defining a substitution chain, the forecast demand for the lower item is passed onto the higher items in an erratic manner.
- planned orders are created on the 'not highest level item' while profile states highest level item should be used
- safety stock on highest level item is not planned (zero) while item settings are correct (set to mrp planned safety stock)
engine should follow the chain up to the highest level item
H00822 - H00822-01
H00822-01 - H00822-02
H00822-02 - H00822-03
H00822-03 - H00822-04
H00822-04 - H00822-05
H00822-05 - H00822-06 eff date:01-jan-2014)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Advanced supply chain planner
1. define substitution chain
2. create forecast on lowest item
3. create supply is turned off on lower items, onhand exists for lower items
4. run plan and verify results
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document