ORPOS Client Performance Slows Down When Database is Offline
(Doc ID 1920088.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Retail Point-Od-Service (ORPOS) client performance degrades when the database is down (offline mode).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set up Store Conduit and Database (DB) on the same server.
- Start ORPOS Server and Client. Ensure that Offline DB is populated.
- Start ORPOS Client in Online mode.
- Scan a few SKU's.
- Take console of the store server and stop DB service from Services.msc. Ensure that Store Conduit is running.
- Observe ORPOS Client. It will be in hang mode for a minute or so.
- ORPOS Client will come back and start working; however, every SKU scan will take around 25-30 seconds.
- Now stop Store Conduit on server.
- Observe ORPOS scanning speed. It is now improved to a great extent.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document