Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 126.96.36.199 to 13.1.9 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the record to perform a Receiver Cost Adjustment (RCA) in Retail Invoice Matching (ReIM) is locked by Retail Merchandising System (RMS) for an any reason, ReIM throws a "Cannot Perform Insert" error. This should be changed to something more descriptive, such as 'This record is already locked; Please try again later'.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a purchase order (PO); ship and receive it.
- Raise an invoice against it, but with less cost (to generate cost discrepancy).
- Run the AUTOMATCH batch.
- Update any column in ITEM_LOC_SOH table for same ITEM and LOC used on the invoice. Do not commit.
- Resolve the cost discrepancy with an RCA.
- Click OK and see the error "Cannot perform insert".
- Note that the actual error on the back end shows as:
- Roll back the update in the DB table.
- Click OK on the cost variance resolution screen and again see the error: "Cannot Perform Insert".
Error from log: Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (RMS01.PK_IM_RESOLUTION_ACTION) violated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms