When a Table Is Locked While Performing an RCA, System Provides Non-Descriptive "Cannot Perform Insert" Error
(Doc ID 1924626.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 126.96.36.199 to 13.1.9 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the record to perform a Receiver Cost Adjustment (RCA) in Retail Invoice Matching (ReIM) is locked by Retail Merchandising System (RMS) for an any reason, ReIM throws a "Cannot Perform Insert" error.
This should be changed to something more descriptive, such as 'This record is already locked; Please try again later'.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a purchase order (PO); ship and receive it.
- Raise an invoice against it, but with less cost (to generate cost discrepancy).
- Run the AUTOMATCH batch.
- Update any column in ITEM_LOC_SOH table for same ITEM and LOC used on the invoice. Do not commit.
- Resolve the cost discrepancy with an RCA.
- Click OK and see the error "Cannot perform insert".
- Note that the actual error on the back end shows as:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
Symptoms Changes Cause Solution References
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.