Memory Based Planner Not Completing Even After 16 Hours - Severe Performance Issue
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52 version, Memory Based Planner
Memory Based Planner is not completing even after running for 16 hours.
Change from regular plan:
1. Use Alternate Sources = Yes
2. Added 5 new inventory organizations to the plan to act as source of supply with Rank 1 to Rank 5 plus Rank 6 = Supplier.
3. Created New Sourcing Assignment - Rank 1 to Rank 6.
The 16 hours plan had a 18 months horizon.
When the plan was run with a 3 month horizon and it still took 5 hours.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add 5 new Inventory Orgs to the plan.
2. Create new Sourcing including the new Orgs.
3. Turn on the the Use Alternate Source Decision Rule plan option.
4. Run the plan.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue the plan run output will not be available for the end users as it will not be complete in time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms