Transaction Type of 0 Is Saved When Canceling an Initiated Layaway
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4.1 to 13.4.9 [Release 13.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) 13.4.x, canceling an existing layaway transaction found by customer ID results in transaction type of 0 (i.e., 'Unknown transaction type') being saved in the database.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into POS register.
- From screen 'Sell Item', click button sequence 'Transaction' > 'Layaway' > 'Find' > 'Customer'.
- On screen 'Customer Options', enter a customer ID who has already been linked to a layaway transaction.
- On screen 'Layaway List', click 'Esc Undo'.
- On screen 'Customer Options', click 'Esc Undo'.
- On screen 'Find Layaway', click 'Esc Undo'.
- On screen 'Layaway Options', click 'Esc Undo'.
- On screen 'Trans. Options', click 'Esc Undo'.
- On screen 'Sell Item', click 'F12 Cancel'.
- Observe that transaction with type '0' (i.e.. Unknown Transaction Type) is saved to the database. This should not happen, since this is a cancellation of a layaway transaction. Also, RTLOG_BTCH_ID = -2 in the DB.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms