Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4.1 to 13.4.9 [Release 13.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch information becomes available.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) 13.4.x, there is a discrepancy found in the Transaction Summary and Tax Summary blocks of the Till or Register Summary reports. If we perform a 'no receipt' return of an item not in the database as a taxable item with default tax rate set up as 0, then the Transaction Summary report shows the item price as 'Net Trans. Taxable' (which is correct). However, the Tax Summary report shows the same amount corresponding to 'Sales Non-taxable' (incorrect).
- Configure default tax rate to zero in database.
- Ensure that reconciliation is enabled in POS.
- Find/create an item number that is not in the database..
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to Daily Ops and open a new till.
- Log in to POS -> Returns -> No Receipt.
- Enter the item number that is not in the database and press Next.
- Enter the 'not in db' item info and select Yes for Taxable field. Press Next. Item is added to the screen. Press Next.
- Select the return reason code on the return info screen and press Next. Item is added to sale screen. Verify that item has no tax (as default tax rate is zero).
- Complete the return transaction by tendering it with any tender type.
- Close the till and reconcile from POS.
- Verify the Till Summary reports.
Expected: Transaction Summary block displays item price corresponding to 'Net Trans. Taxable', and Tax Summary shows item price corresponding to 'Sales Taxable'.
Actual: Transaction Summary block displays item price corresponding to 'Net Trans. Taxable', but Tax Summary shows item price corresponding to 'Sales Non-taxable'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms