Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.1.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Why Stock On Hand (SOH) quantity updating to negative value after stock count?
1. Create a unit stock count for an item at all warehouses.
2. Execute stkxpld and stkupd batches.
3. Make sure snapshot_on_hand_qty is updated same as SOH value from ITEM_LOC_SOH.
4. The snapshot was taken on 27-MAR for item warehouse. It updated the snapshot on hand quantity to be 24. The SOH value in ITEM_LOC_SOH is also 24.
5. On 28-MAR, there was an inventory movement of quantity 24 for this item from the same warehouse. The SOH value in ITEM_LOC_SOH got updated to 0.
6. On 29-MAR, we received a stkupld file and stkupld batch updated the physical count quantity to be 23 in STAKE_SKU_LOC table.
7. Now on running stkvar batch, it updated the SOH value to be -1 in ITEM_LOC_SOH table which is not correct. (As per stkvar batch, ITEM_LOC_SOH is calculated as = 0 -24 + 23)
8. The snapshot quantity and SOH value differs due to which the negative value got updated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms