Last updated on JULY 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 6.1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that the the use of enterprise change requests in the configuration management does not lead to correctly changed configuration models (projects). The BOM elements are always added to the model even if a CMG_Del operation is selected.
That way a change of the model is only adding elements but never delete them.
An enterprise change request should be created correctly and a CMG_Del operation should really delete objects from the model.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set Configuration Parameter EDB-CHG-SET-ACTIVE = ON
2. Activate License "Configuration Management"
3. Go to System | Change Management | Configuration and set Configuration Control to 1 for "EDB-ARTICLE", "EDB-ARTICLE EDB-ARTICLE STR", "EDB-ARTICLE EDB-DOCUMENT STR" and "EDB-DOCUMENT"; The others have to have configuration control = 0
4. Update parameter of xartst_pre_action in Pre-Action of EDB-ART-STR-RLI-C to (POS_NO/VERS=POS_NO,QUANTITY,T_MASTER_DAT.PART_ID,T_MASTER_DAT.PART_VERSION)
5. Set defaults EDB-CMG-BOM-CURFLAG and EDB-CMG-ADO-CURFLAG to y (Type : Logic)
6. Create a new project as Configuration Item (check appropriate checkbox)
7. Open Manager | Configuration Management | CM Project Settings and insert a new CM Project by selecting the newly created project
8. Change to tab "Model" and create a new model; then go to tab CI Matrix and use the new model there (enter values 1 for Unit and Size)
9. Create four items A0 to A3 as configuration items (check appropriate checkbox) and assign items A1 and A2 to the BOM of item A0
10. Then create a baseline (Start | Configuration Management | Configuration Control | Baselines) by using the above created project and a new baseline number and title (BL-Type "PHYS")
11. In the Effectivities tab insert the Model from the CM Project Settings (from No. 1 to No. 1) and in the Sets tab select Default set and press Effectivities button -> In the opened mask insert the same as in the tab Effectivities before.
12. Go to the Affected Objects tab and insert item A1 by Drag&Drop and select the change operation "CMG-TOP"
13. Select that new record and press button "Intended Structure": The BOM items are added with change operation CMG_Add
14. Release the baseline
15. In the item A0 go to tab "BOM As-Designed" and press button Select Model-Unit: A LVF mask opens: Enter Project number, Model and Unit and Press OK, then refresh the tab: the two BOM configuration items from the baseline are displayed
16. Change to the BOM tab and insert item A3.
17. Additionally remove item A2 from the current BOM by removing the flag T_MASTER_STR.CUR_FLAG (make the field writable in that mask first); now the BOM item A2 is not visible in "current" view any more.
18. Create an Enterprise Change Request (Start | Configuration Management | Configuration Control | ECRs / Enterprise Change Requests) by selecting the above project (ECR number and title are arbitrary
19. In the Effectivities tab insert the Model from the CM Project Settings (from No. 1 to No. 1) and in the Sets tab select Default set and press Effectivities button -> In the opened mask insert the same as in the tab Effectivities before.
20. Go to the Affected Objects tab and insert item A2 by Drag&Drop and select the change operation "CMG_Del"
21. Select that new record and press button "Intended Structure": All BOM items are added with change operation CMG_Add (but A2 should be added with CMG_Del and A1 should not be added) => 1. ERROR!
22. Release the Change Request and check again the "BOM As-Designed" tab of item A0: The BOM items A1 and A2 are added a second time now => 2. ERROR!
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms