Sequential Discounting Applies Discount Higher Than Actual Charge
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During multiple product and sequential discounts modifications we observe incorrect discount application.
1. On 9.9 create a subscription with BDOM 10 and Cycle Forward product plus a 50% cycle forward discount. (Offer A)
2. Bill the subscription on 9.10
3. On 9.24 3:00 deactivate old product/discount with dates in the future ( 10.10 meaning start of next cycle) and activate new instances with dates in the future (10.10) (Offer B)
4. On 9.24 4:00 deactive the new product/discount again with activation/deactivation dates on next_bill_T. For clearer results 100% CF discount can be used here. (Offer C)
5. Bill the account on 10.10
- Cycle period 10.10 -> 11.10 has only the Offer C Cycle forward event and another event that discounts it's fully
- Sequential discounting parameter cuts the cycle in two subcycles resulting in discount higher than the actuall charge (despite the charge being 100%).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms