Sequential Discounting Applies Discount Higher Than Actual Charge
(Doc ID 1931675.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During multiple product and sequential discounts modifications we observe incorrect discount application.
1. On 9.9 create a subscription with BDOM 10 and Cycle Forward product plus a 50% cycle forward discount. (Offer A)
2. Bill the subscription on 9.10
3. On 9.24 3:00 deactivate old product/discount with dates in the future ( 10.10 meaning start of next cycle) and activate new instances with dates in the future (10.10) (Offer B)
4. On 9.24 4:00 deactive the new product/discount again with activation/deactivation dates on next_bill_T. For clearer results 100% CF discount can be used here. (Offer C)
5. Bill the account on 10.10
- Cycle period 10.10 -> 11.10 has only the Offer C Cycle forward event and another event that discounts it's fully
- Sequential discounting parameter cuts the cycle in two subcycles resulting in discount higher than the actuall charge (despite the charge being 100%).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document