Lifecycle Phase of Item Is Replaced Back When Item Is on Multiple Pending Changes at the Same Time
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the same items is added to multiple ECOs at the same time, lifecycle of the item changed by one ECO can be replaced with another ECO.
When the same items is added to multiple ECOs at the same time, the changes made by other ECO not to be replaced with another ECO.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Web Client as admin, create P1, and add BOM item P2
2. Create ECO1 on Item P1, set new Rev to 1 and release it with new LCP "Prototype"
3. Create ECO2 on Item P1, and set new Rev to 2, and redline BOM.
4. Create ECO3 on item P1, you will get warning Part P1 is already on pending changes: ECO2. Select Continue.
Set new Rev to 2, and change new LCP from prototype to Production
5. Release ECO3. P1 is updated to REV 2. The LCP is Production
6. Now go back to ECO2. Goto Affected items tab. Old LCP has changed to "Production", but new LCP is still "Prototype".
When attempting to release ECO, you will get error Rev conflict: P1/2.
Correct Rev to 3, and release
7. Item P1 is updated to REV 3. The BOM is correct, but the LCP is back to "Prototype".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms