Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.2.4 and later
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When storing products that are still being received in Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS) (i.e., storing them before closing the schedule in RWMS), the following error occurs in Retail Merchandising System (RMS):
Operationally, the distribution center (DC) starts storing the products being received before finalizing the receiving portion of it. That is, the products are stored before closing the schedule in RWMS -- a functionality allowed by the application. In this situation, RWMS sends the storage messages to RMS ATS (Available To Sell) before sending the receiving messages RIP (Receiving in Progress), which will only be sent out after the closing of the schedule in RWMS. This is generating an error in the RMS Hospital.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Ensure SCP (system control parameter) 'receipt_level' is set to A.
- In RMS create 2 new items and ensure they flow to RWMS.
- In RMS create a new purchase order (PO) for the above 2 items and ensure it flows to RWMS.
- Create a PO appointment for full PO.
- Schedule it and print labels.
- Receive it, but do not close it.
- Go to Transport screen and try to putaway the container. Since it is attached to a Less Than Case (LTC) location, a replenishment is created. This creates RIP to ATS adjustments to be published to RMS.
- Close the appointment.
- Check RMS DB and note that the message failed in the RIB hospital tables. This error is causing discrepancies in the DC stock.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms