Refund of Cycle Forward Charges Not Getting Created
Last updated on JULY 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 26-May-2016***
On BRM 7.3.1+Overlay <Patch 9864771>, Subscription Management
Refund of cycle forward charges were not getting created with the re-planned terminate deferred action execution.
1. On 12th Aug, create customer
Billing DOM (Day of Month) is set to "13" of the month.
2. On the same day, i.e. 12 Aug, purchase a recurring product having Monthly Cycle Forward event by using opcode PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_PURCHASE_DEAL
3. On 13th Aug, run regular bill
This bill contains charges of 1 day (12th Aug) + 1 months cycle forward charges (13th Aug to 13th Sep).
4. On the same day, i.e. 13th Aug, create a deferred action to terminate the account on 20th Sept by using opcode PCM_OP_CUST_SET_STATUS
5. Now, move the pin_virtual_time to billing DOM i.e 13th of Sept and run the billing
This bill contains cycle forward charges till 20th sept (as deferred action is created for 20th sept).
6. On 13th Sept, delete the existing schedule of 20th Sept by using PCM_OP_ACT_SCHEDULE_DELETE
With deletion of schedule, the cycle forward charges get generated from 20th Sept to 13th Oct.
7. On 13th Sept 2014, re-plan the deferred action for termination to 26 Sept 2014 by using opcode PCM_OP_CUST_SET_STATUS and passing when_t as 26th of Sept 2014.
8. Now move the pvt to 26th of Sept 2014, run the deferred action with pin_bill_day utility which closes the account
In ideal case, with the execution of this terminate deferred action, the scheduled refund of cycle forward charges for the period 26th Sept 2014 to 13th Oct 2014 should be created, but no refund is getting created for this period. ***This is the issue***
9. Move the pvt to 13th of Oct 2014 and Run the regular bill.
Bill has been created with zero amount.
**** The reported issue lies in Step 8.
In Step 8, refund for the period 26th Sept 2014 to 13th Oct 2014 should be created when the terminate deferred action got executed.
No refund is getting created for this period.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms