Item Search By Manufacturer Has Performance Problem: System Generates 'java.sql.SQLTimeoutException' Error
(Doc ID 1936580.1)
Last updated on JUNE 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4 to 13.4.9 [Release 13.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When searching by any keyword for a manufacturer during Item Search, the Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) client produces a "Database communication notice" error.
The following error is noted in the client's orpos.log:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to ORPOS Client application.
- Ensure that the parameter "Items: Search for Item by Manufacturer" is set to 'Yes'.
- On Sale Item screen, selecting "F3/ItemLookup"; you are directed to "Advance Inquiry" screen.
- In the "Advance Inquiry" screen, search for any keyword value in the Manufacturer field (like 'Forest', 'forest', etc).
- System produces a database communication error screen.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document