Last updated on MAY 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In multi-schema setup, AIA order (customized) is failing with error PIN_ERR_TRANS_ALREADY_OPEN.
- Subscriber accounts are present in multiple schema's (schema_1 and schema_2)
- AIA submits an order that is implemented in a custom opcode on BRM side. The custom opcode calls other OOB BRM opcodes.
- Request is received from JCA.
- JCA is configured for LOCAL_TRANSACTION and parameter MultiDB is set to TRUE
- JCA opens a local transaction on schema1 (0.0.0.1) and fired the request for fetching few details on an account.
- BRM received the request and a global search (READ_OBJ) is performed (as accounts are present on both the schemas)
- Found that account is present in schema_2, so issued a READ_OBJ to fetch the account from schema_2 (0.0.0.2).
- Because the transaction is opened (by JCA) on schema_1 (0.0.0.1), and PCM_OP_READ_OBJ is now performed in schema_2 (0.0.0.2), there is an error PIN_ERR_TRANS_ALREADY_OPEN.
Error snippet in cm pinlog:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms