Incorrect Tax Calculation if The Positive Tax Percentage is Configured for Negative Amount
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 7.3.1 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue: Tax applied is added to the amount if the product configured to apply negative amount.
- Product having a tax code to charge 6% tax on balance impact, is configured which applies -100 USD upon purchase.
- Value to be applied on purchase of product needs to be 94 USD (-100 + 6% tax)
- As per current configuration, instead of applying the credit value of 94 USD (-100 + 6% tax), it's applying the value of 106USD (-100-6%tax).
Requirement is to "deduct" the tax when the product gets purchased, however tax amount is added on the account.
- Create a product with negative purchase amount (-100USD) with tax code applying 6% tax
- Create an account and purchase above mentioned product.
- The event created applies tax amount to be added, eg -100-6 = -106 USD
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms