Incorrect Recalculations of Sequential Discounts
Last updated on JULY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The problem is that after the recalculations, it refunded for X period (e.g 20 days) and then reapplied the discounts for Y period (e.g 1 DAY).
Test Case :-
1) Create Account with cycle forward (MCF) charge on 07.14.2014
2) Create new offer (1) for this account with discount on MCF (-10% discount, priority 5500) on 07.14.2014
3) Create new offer (2) for this account with discount on MCF (-10% discount, priority 5000) on 07.14.2014
4) Create new offer (3) for this account with discount on MCF (-10% discount, priority 4000) on 07.14.2014 with providing END_DATE = 09.20.2014
5) Bill the account on 08.14.2014 (results of this billing are fine)
6) Bill the account on 09.14.2014 -> OFFER3 is ending here in this cycle and properly prorating.
7) Create new offer (4) for this account with discount on MCF (-20% discount, priority 4000) on 10.13.2014 (INCORRECT RECALCULATION APPEARS HERE)
8) Bill the account (incorrect recalculation will be on the bill closed by this billing).
Please note that the whole case works PROPERLY when:-
a) Point 4 will get removed completely
b) Point 4 will not get END_DATE in middle of cycle
c) Account will not have ANY discount offers ending in the previous cycle
d) the activation of new offer will not occur on 10.13.2014 but on date > 10.14.2014 (on next cycle)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms