Engineering Workk Order (EWO) Order Number Partially Displayed When Ampersand Character is Included
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an ampersand character(&) is included in the "Work Order Number:" field while creating a new Engineering Work Order(EWO), only the numbers preceding the ampersand character are displayed on the EWO order's title bar. Example: Work Order Number:" field = 175&21 / Title bar = "Engineering Work Order - Summary - 175". However, the EWO order's title bar includes the ampersand character after the DD task has been completed; "Engineering Work Order - Summary - 175&21 ***View Only***".
Image of partially displayed order number prior to DD task completion
Image of completely displayed order number after DD task completion
The issue can be reproduced at will using the following steps:
1. Order Management
2. New Engineering Work Order
* NOTE: The "Work Order Number:" field is auto-populated
3. Edit the Work Order Number and enter an ampersand(&) character in the middle of the value. Example: 175&21
4. Click Save and Continue
* NOTE: The EWO title bar displays only the numbers preceding the ampersand character; "Engineering Work Order - Summary - 175"
5. Click Manage Tasks
6. Click Assign Tasks
7. Assign a Provisioning Plan
8. Complete all tasks including the DD task
* NOTE: The EWO title bar now displays the numbers preceding the ampersand character; "Engineering Work Order - Summary - 175&21 ***View Only***"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms