Incorrect Ejournals are Created for Cancelled House Account Payment
(Doc ID 1941431.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Oracle Retail Point-Of-Service client crashes or there is a register reboot in the middle of a House Account payment flow, the ejournals are created incorrectly for the cancelled transaction.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to POS
2. More -> House Account -> Payment
3. Enter details on card inquiry screen & press next
4. On House Account Balance Display screen, Enter any amount and Press Next
5. Tender options screen is shown
6. Close the client directly by closing the command prompt window to simulate the crash
7. Restart the POS client
8. Login to POS
9. More -> House Account -> Payment
10. Enter details on card inquiry screen & press next
11. On House Account Balance Display screen, Enter any amount and Press Next
12. Tender Option screen is shown
13. Complete payment via any tender
14. Check EJ in ORPOS DB & CO DB
15. Check the Journal View for the cancelled transaction in CO. It shows the Ejournal with just a time stamp.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document