Last updated on APRIL 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.1.4 to 13.1.9 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) 13.1.x, we find that users are allowed to create a return using the handheld (HH) device for more quantity than the unavailable quantity. However, when the return is dispatched, the user gets an error and the dispatch fails.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Find a store and one item that has unavailable quantity.
- Log into HH into the store.
- Create a Return to Warehouse (RTV).
- Select the warehouse and enter the authorization number.
- Scan the item with unavailable quantity.
- Notice that SIM shows a message asking if the unavailable quantity should be used in the return.
- Select 'Yes', select a reason code, and enter the quantity (all of the unavailable quantity).
- Scan another item, select a reason code, and enter quantity.
- Scan the item from Step 5 again and note the warning message.
- Select a reason code and enter the same quantity as in Step 7.
- Scan another item, select a reason code, and add quantity.
- Press [Shift+8] to go to Totals screen.
- Opt to dispatch later; the return is saved.
- Now try to dispatch the return. Note that SIM shows the error: "The quantity entered exceeds the stock currently held as unavailable" and the return will not be dispatched.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms