In Multi Schema Implementation Sequencer Generates the Same Sequence
(Doc ID 1942439.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), in a multi-schema BRM implementation, there is an issue in the sequence generation while using for some custom reports.
- One is using the out of box (OOB) sequencer module to generate sequence number for some custom reports.
- The table is on integrate schema and it is referred by all 10 PINs (schemas).
- Below is the registry snippet :
Source = Database
SequencerType = Generation
DatabaseConnection = ifw.DataPool.Login
ReuseGap = True
SequenceLength = 6
- See below for example, couple of reports generated with same sequence:
voice_000158_10_20140905124122.dat (generated by pipeline on schema 10)
voice_000158_2_20140905124122.dat (generated by pipeline on schema 2)
voice_000025_7_20140904055844.dat (generated by pipeline on schema 7)
voice_000025_10_20140904055844.dat (generated by pipeline on schema 10)
- As the source for sequence number is same table, one would expect that the sequence number should never be same for different schema.
What is the issue in the sequencer module in this scenario ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document