SIM Displays 'Severe System Error' Message While Looking Up a Parent Item
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch information becomes available.
In Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) 14.0.x, when attempting to search a parent item through Item Lookup, the following error occurs:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create 2 items in Retail Merchandising System (RMS). Set the transaction level as 2 (line extension).
- Range transaction level item to a store.
- Log in to SIM and search for tran level items. Item details are shown.
- Search for parent item by entering parent item in item lookup screen. The item is not found.
- Search for items in the department that the parent item belongs to. Also, check the non-ranged checkbox. Do not enter any other filter criteria.
- Note that this time the system lists the parent item in the item lookup list results.
- Click on the parent item from the list. System shows the error screen above.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms