Last updated on MAY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Java Client, drop down menus created with menu_create and attached to the field with field_set_menu are displayed incorrectly. This happens mainly when the parameter "/Title" is used.
The first error is that two title lines are displayed then: One with the field titles from the mask and another one with the given title(s).
Second: If the given title with that parameter is longer than the virtual width of the field on the mask an additional column with just the characters from the title, that exceed the virtual width of the field, is created. If it was not the last column in the menu the titles are all moved to the right.
Third: If one (or more) values of the menu contents exceed the virtual width of the field, again an additional column with just the characters from the value, that exceed the virtual width of the field, is created. If it was not the last column in the menu the values are all moved to the right.
Menus created with menu_create and assigned to a field with field_set_menu should be displayed correctly like in former versions no matter if the parameter "/Title" is used or not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create following LogiView procedure:
10 EP_STRING_ARR = "0815"
20 EP_STRING_ARR = "4711"
30 EP_STRING_ARR = "007"
40 EP_STR_ARY = "Bla"
50 EP_STR_ARY = "Blabla"
60 EP_STR_ARY = "BlablaBlablaBlabla"
100 menu_create("PARTIDMEN /Title=Number | istegal", EP_STRING_ARR,EP_STR_ARY)
110 field_set_menu(widget_id(), "T_MASTER_DAT.PART_ID", "PARTIDMEN")
2. Reduce virtual width of field "T_MASTER_DAT.PART_ID" to 4 in mask EDB-ART-CFR
3. Add the above LogiView procedure as Pre-Field userexit to field T_MASTER_DAT.PART_ID.
4. Reconfigure EDB-ART-CFR
5. Open Item mask EDB-ART-CFR and press the "Insert"-button.
6. Click the Drop-Down arrow at the Item number field and see the first and second part of the issue.
7. Update lines 10 and 100:
10 EP_STRING_ARR = "0815555"
100 menu_create("PARTIDMEN /Title=Num | istegal", EP_STRING_ARR,EP_STR_ARY)
8. Open Item mask EDB-ART-CFR again and press the "Insert"-button.
9. Click the Drop-Down arrow at the Item number field and see the third issue
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms