Last updated on JULY 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 188.8.131.52.0 version
* An account is having a free resource balance (say, ID 1000779) which is worth 60$ for example.
* Stop accounting call cost is 162 $ for a requested quantity of 200.
* The discount is configured to consume the free resource if available for the customer balance.
* Due to some rounding issues, customer's free resource balance bucket has been charged with 61 $ ( which is more than the available balance ) and then the remaining cost.
* Customer's free resource balance bucket should be charged with 60 $ and then the remaining cost.
* The rounding configuration of the resource 1000779:
During authorization, below flow was observed:
1. Available free resource ( 60 $ ) is not sufficient for the current call charge ( 162 $ )
2. To find the actual amount to be reserved, FCT_CreditLimitCheck is doing a reverse rating and calculated the amount eligible as ‘59.999999994’
3. So the final amount reserved from free resource is 60 $ as expected.
4. Now, during stop accounting call, as per the discount configuration, the complete available resources should be consumed first:
-- Pipeline calculates the Discount Match factor as below
-- Match_Factor = Available free resource / Total charge, which is 60/162, which is actually 0.3703703703703704.
5. Due to rounding, the actual match factor is calculated as ‘0.370370370371’
6. So, the calculated charge is 162*0.370370370371, which is 60.000000000102.
7. As the 1000779 resource rounding mode is configured PIN_BEID_ROUND_UP, the final amount is getting charged as ‘61’ Franks which is more than the available balance.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms