Conflict Check Rejects Promotion Approval Which Found Past Overlap Price Change And Promotion
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a conflict check arising with the past promotion/price change when there is a price change created on a date after the past price events have completed with the system option indicator Price Change Promotion Overlap Indicator unchecked. It throws a conflict error message:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to RPM Application.
2. Navigate to system options and check PRICECHANGEPROMOTIONOVERLAP indicator.
3. Navigate to promotions > Create promotion with start date as VDATE and ENDDATE.
• The promotion becomes active.
4. Navigate to price change and create a price change on the same item location in between the promotion dates and approve it.
5. Change the VDATE to the promotion ENDDATE and run the PriceEvenExecutionBatch.sh.
• The promotion moves into completed status.
6. Navigate to system options and uncheck PRICECHANGEPROMOTIONOVERLAP indicator, do a hard insert.
7. Create a price change on a future date, for example, after the promotion end date and approve it.
• It throws a conflict error: Price Changes and Promotions cannot overlap.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms